Gift Aid

Making a Gift Aid Declaration

Gift Aid does not cost you anything, but it increases every £1 you donate to the PF by 25p.  The first time you make a donation, including at your initial counselling session, you will be invited to make a Gift Aid declaration, so that we can claim the Gift Aid tax rebate on any donations you make.

If you agree, you will be asked to indicate that you want us to claim Gift Aid on any donations you make to the Pastoral Foundation (the formal charity name of the PF Counselling Service) now and in the future, and on those you have made in the past 4 years.

You will be confirming that you are a UK taxpayer and that you understand that if you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

You should notify the PF Counselling Service if you:

  • want to cancel your declaration
  • change your name or home address
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

You can find out more about Government’s Gift Aid scheme at: